Welcome! Since 1967, the Central Mesabi Medical Foundation (CMMF) has provided direct support to Fairview Range and the local healthcare community. We are committed to enhancing healthcare resources for local patients and supporting medical excellence for generations to come. By partnering with CMMF, you are helping friends, family, and neighbors. Join us today!
Make a Gift to Central Mesabi Medical Foundation
Make a Gift to Fairview Range Home Care and Hospice
The Central Mesabi Medical Foundation (CMMF) was established in 1967 by a group of individuals passionate about the health of Hibbing and the surrounding area. They founded CMMF with a commitment to support the highest quality of healthcare for the local community.
Today, the original passion and commitment live on. We are committed to enhancing healthcare resources for local patients and supporting medical excellence for generations to come.
CMMF partners with generous individuals and organizations dedicated to ensuring the continuing health of our community. The funding that CMMF is able to provide to Fairview Range and the surrounding area varies in size depending on the scope of the project and its impact, but all of our support begins exactly the same way: people helping people. Your gift can help make a difference in thousands of lives in our region.
“We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give" - Winston Churchill
The Central Mesabi Medical Foundation Scholarship Committee (Pat Ives - committee chair, Dr. Kimberly Bigelow, Andy Borland, Mike Fredeen, David Hohl, and Marty Hnatko) is pleased to announce the scholarship recipients for the 2017-2018 academic year:
Dr. Bill Kotonias Dental Scholarship - Andy Aldrich. Andy is a second year dental student at the University of Minnesota School of Dentistry and previously attended the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities and Hibbing Community College. Over the past summer, Andy participated in cleft palate research at the University of California-San Francisco’s Department of Pediatric Dentistry. Andy receives this scholarship through the benevolence of Dr. Bill Kotonias, a Twin Cities dentist and native of Hibbing, who founded this scholarship in 2015.
Max and Sara Edelstein Scholarship – Michelle Patregnani. Michelle is a first-year medical student attending the University of Minnesota-Duluth School of Medicine. She previously attended the University of North Dakota in Grand Forks. Michelle hopes to pursue a specialty in family or emergency medicine. The Edelstein Scholarship was established to honor the memory and legacy of Hibbing philanthropists, Max and Sara Edelstein, and continues to be funded through the generosity of the Edelsteins' daughter, Mrs. Jean Schore.
Health Care Career Scholarships – Made possible through the kind generosity of Fairview Range employees and individual donors, the Health Care Career Scholarships are awarded to students majoring in health-related careers.
- Courtney Wirtanen – Courtney is a first-year medical student attending the University of Minnesota- Duluth School of Medicine. Courtney completed her undergraduate studies at UMD and also attended Hibbing Community College. Upon completion of her studies, Courtney hopes to return to the Iron Range to practice medicine.
- Brianna Zunich – Brianna is a second-year student at the University of Minnesota-Duluth College of Pharmacy. She previously attended the University of Minnesota Duluth, where she graduated summa cum laude in May 2016.
- Melissa Erickson – Melissa is finishing her final year at the University of Minnesota-Duluth School of Pharmacy and will receive her Doctor of Pharmacy Degree in May 2018. Melissa previously attended the University of Minnesota-Duluth and Hibbing Community College. Melissa’s goal is to return to Hibbing to pursue employment as a pharmacist.
- Valerie Gooden – Valerie is a sophomore student at the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities pursuing her Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree. Her future goal is to become a nurse anesthetist.
- Sarah Fairbanks – Sarah is in her junior year at the College of Saint Scholastica studying nursing. Sarah was previously a student at Hibbing Community College.
- Janelle Shea – Janelle is a senior at the University of North Dakota pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree. Her future goal is to attend graduate school to become a nurse practitioner.
For more information about scholarship opportunities or how you can help support the efforts of the CMMF, please contact Susan Degnan, Central Mesabi Medical Foundation Director, at 312-3034 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hibbing High School – funding to support high school CNA program
- Chisholm High School – funding to support high school CNA Program
- Serenity Place – funding to support Serenity House apartment for out-of-town patients receiving healthcare in Hibbing
- Project Care – purchase of diabetic supplies and support of patient education
- Silver Sneakers – support of the Silver Sneakers program in cooperation with Community Health
- Hibbing Community College – funding to purchase equipment to update the pharmacy technician program equipment
- Hibbing Community College – funding to purchase updated lab equipment for the Medical Laboratory Technician program
We love to hear from our current and potential partners!
Susan Degnan, Development Officer
750 E. 34th St.
Hibbing, MN 55746
Crisis Fund helps support any patient who has a crisis that requires continued
help for their medical well-being that is not covered under a medical insurance
plan. Patients submit an application to
receive funding, which is then reviewed by a committee before financial support
funding for the Patient Crisis Fund was started in 2014 by the Fairview Range
Board of Directors,” says
Deb Boardman, President and CEO of Fairview Range. “We’ve seen an increase with
this type of need in the community so there was a committee put together to
coordinate this event to increase the amount of funding available for the
come to Fairview Range Medical Center from across the entire Iron Range. They receive their primary care from many area
providers including, Fairview Mesaba Clinics, Essentia Health, St. Luke’s, Grand
Itasca Clinic & Hospital and others.
Members of the Patient Crisis Fund are Bridgette Strudwick, Sandy Douglass,
Robin Harkkonen, Ana Olson, Kristi McKormic, and Judy Strumbell.
Central Mesabi Medical Foundation proudly serves as the fiscal agent of the Patient Crisis Fund.
Share This Page: